Miniature horses shed twice per year, once in the spring as they lose their winter coats, and again in the fall as their winter coat grows in. The mini horses love to be brushed, and owners are encouraged to brush their miniature horse daily. Miniature horses can be bathed occasionally, but bathing too frequently will dry out their skin.
Search the Farm
News and Facts
- NEW FOALS
- Border Collies
- NEW STALLION – GEE
- DINKY the donkey’s xmas pics!
- What is a Filly, Colt, Foal, Yearling, Stallion, Mare, Sire, Dam?
- Miniature Horse Grooming Tips
- Newest addition to our farm!
- A Day at Sun Valley Miniatures
- How did miniature horses get so small?
- Grooming your mini
- Miniature horse vet care
- Do miniature horses play?
- 2010 Foals
- How much hay does a mini need?
- Tips on miniature horse breeding
- Where can I buy a miniature horse?
- How long do horses live?
- What to feed a miniature horse
- 4th of July rain!
- Horse or Pony?
- History of Miniature Horses
- Showing miniature horses
- Organizations and registration requirements
- About miniature horses
- What are miniature horses?
- Miniature Horse Dwarfism
Proud Member of the AMHA
How’s the Weather in Choudrant, Louisiana?